Learning Every Minute of Every Day
Giving all learners the tools and inspiration to make their own life choices and decisions for their future.
At the heart of our work is a commitment to:
High quality learning
Teaching in the 21st century should embrace not only the transmission of knowledge, but also learning how to learn.
When the gap between (learning within the family and learning in school) is bridged it can have a dramatic effect on pupils' motivation and consequent performance.
Aims, Values and Ethos
At Abbey we aim to provide a stimulating and challenging learning environment where all pupils can attain their full potential.This will be accomplished in the following ways:
- Children will receive the highest quality of learning and teaching.
- Children will be provided with a learning atmosphere in which they can fully develop their academic and social skills.
- Children will attain very high standards of behaviour.
- All children will have access to a carefully planned, exciting, relevant and connected curriculum, which promotes a positive attitude to learning.
- All staff set very high expectations for all children in order to raise levels of achievement of individuals and across the school.
- The needs of all children, including those who are gifted and talented or those with special educational needs are met within the school curriculum.
- All children are encouraged to develop as individual thinkers and learners, taking responsibility for their own lives.
- The school will provide for the physical, social and moral development of every child.
- Children will be encouraged to show the good values of courtesy, sensitivity and tolerance as appropriate in a multi-racial community. The school will not tolerate any discrimination or inequality of opportunity.
- We employ our resources, both human and material as effectively as possible.
- We are at the ‘cutting edge’ of innovation.
- We develop effective partnerships with parents and use the school as a community resource.
We expect that this will enable the children of Abbey to become:
- Literate and numerate, achieving their maximum potential and giving them a range of life choices.
- Alert, motivated and able to set and monitor progress towards their own targets.
- Happy, contented and at ease with themselves and others.
- Confident, independent and inspired to learn.
- Responsible for and engaged in their own learning.
- Valued and valuable members of the community.
- Respectful of themselves, others and the environment.
- Able to confidently articulate their thoughts, learning and opinions.
- Able to communicate their needs, wants and choices.